Saturday 28 May 2011

You, your tacky and I hate you!

Geordie Shore, Made In Chelsea & The Only Way Is Essex.... Yes these three programes are completely awful, mind numbing and completely mindless entertainment. But yet thats just what the are entertainment, who cares if a programme doesn't sitimulate you intellectually sometimes we all need a bit of down time right? How better to enjoy it than to sit in front of the TV and watch something that requires no brain power.
Personally I enjoy watching both documentaries and these cheap 'reality dramas', what better way of escapism from real life than watching a bunch of twenty somethings on a country shoot, or getting a vajazzle? These things I can safely say are far removed from my day to day life! Why should it matter if the television i choose to watch teaches me anything or not? It's my choice! I am not ashamed to say that I invest myself whole heartedly into the characters lives and dramas no matter how petty they may be. Is it sad that i really care where Lydia got her bikini from, or if Caggie ever has a chance with Spencer.
So maybe I should be expanding my mind with programmes about outerspace and religion in the 15th century, but for now i am happy to watch Mr Darcy poo on a shop floor.
Lets be honest....we all know which is more entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment