Monday 4 April 2011

Making tiny furniture is not as adorable as it sounds!

So, for one module in my course we have to make a model box, this is effectively a 1:25 scale model of a performance space. Within this space we have to create staging, props, audience seats and performers all made to a 1:25 scale. Thus ending up with a box, complete with a tiny scene from a chosen play!
Sounds cute, it's not! I chose a relatively easy concept of 4 boxes, painted black that all fit together and can be moved by performers as I am terrible at anything creative. But even this simple concept is proving incredibly difficult for me, I am attempting to make my 2nd box out of 4 and am already covered in super glue and very frustrated. The card is difficult to cut, i struggle to draw in a straight line (even with a craft ruler) and i have discovered i was not designed to use super glue (my entire bedroom is a sticky mess)

Rant over, i am excited to finish this box, to see what it will look like and hopefully i'll get a good mark for it. God knows i put in a hell of a lot of effort.
Currently it's pointless posting a picture as im sure you all know what a minature box made of card looks like. But when i FINALLY finish i'll post some pictures of the final design!
Now, back to cutting and sticking (who knew uni would be this challenging eh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment